Sunday, November 23, 2008

Health recovered, arrived in Delhi

I was feeling much better yesterday, so it was an epic shop-fest (you thought you were the only ones Christmas shopping right now?). I got up, ran around town, made up a dance class, ran around, again until my second makeup class, then ran around again until it was time to go. But it was terribly productive. I have a giant bag of junk that poor Josh will have to bring back from Thailand with him after our swing through S.E. Asia. And it's heavy, too...
I actually ate yesterday, and nothing horrible happened, so I take that to mean that I'm better. I had this awesome soup at this cute little Tibetan place that was so nice that I went back for dinner and had these Tibetan dumplings known as momos for dinner. Tasty.
The big thing yesterday was my departure from my temporary family at Saraswati, which was really sad. My teacher sent me off with a set of bangles that jingle when I move...and they're green! How did he know? They'd all been so great to me, especially looking out for me when I was sick and miserable. It was like staying with old friends, so it was tough to say so-long. Except for the dog. He sent me off in the same fashion he welcomed me - fangs bared. But even with Big Mean Leo sending me off with a snarl, I'll carry lots of fond memories of Pushkar.
But not of the bus. I got stuck in a seater bus for the ride to Delhi, which is not ideal, but I figured how bad can it be? Apparently pretty lame, because the guy in front of me reclined so much his head was practically in my lap, and I had nowhere to go because I was the back of the bus...and there was no place to put my feet because some dude was sleeping in the aisle. I wish I was him, he looked a lot more comfortable. But I made it, I survived, and I got to my hotel in the backpacker ghetto of Paharganj in time to have a shower and a nap before I head for the Lao embassy...as soon as I figure out how to get there...it's really far and there's no subway, so I have to ask around...wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Kate,
hope you are all recovered and back to enjoying everything. What a trip. You've seen and done some amazing things. Stay healthy and enjoy. thanks for all the newsy updates. NFF

Anonymous said...

Yay! We had momos for the first time yesterday, too! Aren't they yum? Glad you're better!

Tiffany