Well, first and best news first: my cousin Erin and her husband Seth just welcomed their son Joshua into the world this morning. Congratulations guys!! I can't wait to meet him!!!
Second of all, happy Thanksgiving to everybody. Gorge yourselves on Turkey for me! I had fish and lemongrass, which totally counts right?
Third, as you may have gathered, my land-crossing was relatively uneventful. I managed to connect with a freelance photojournalist (who happened to speak fluent Thai! How lucky am I??) and had been through the border several times before, so it was smooth as silk and we split the cost of a cab to Siem Reap, which beat the heck out of taking a bus. And he is a total character so I had an excellent partner in conversation for the 3-4 hour ride. So life is good. I've arrived safe and well, if a little tired and sniffly. The hotel is gorgeous, dinner with Josh and Chris was excellent, and tomorrow morning we'll be watching the sun rise over Angkor Wat! Life is good again.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Glad to hear you made it okay! Happy Thanksgiving! Did your hat and gloves make it to Cambodia or did I send them to Josh too late (my money is on sent them too late)? Lisa says "you're such a jerk" and I have a hard time arguing. I know you were really excited to see Angkor Wat so I hope you enjoy it.
Chris, Lisa and Mom
How weird - MY cousin and his wife just welcomed their son into the world on Thursday morning!!
Just saw Angkor Wat on the Amazing Race this season! Have a great time! When you come home, we'll be living closer together!
Congratulations to your cousin, Ali! Yay babies (that are not mine)!
Chris - the package arrived too late. Alas. Lisa's right. You're a jerk. :) But I love you anyway. Hope you guys had a good Turkey Day!
Kate - So glad to hear that you are safe and sound and having a blast. What an amazing adventure! Thanks for the congrats on our little man, I can't believe he is here. Seth is going to put some pics up online and I'll send you the link. We'll be back East in Feb sometime. Love you - Please stay safe. xoxo ~erin
Post a Comment