Saturday, November 15, 2008

Now you get a say! VOTE! Save me!

Ok, guys, I am paralyzed by indecision. I only have time for one city in Rajasthan. Vote for your favorite option because I am suffering from decision fatigue. Whatever gets the most votes by the morning of the 17th (my time, I have to catch a train), I'll do. So should I go to...

1) Pushkar: not that much to see architecturally speaking, and a bit of a hippie haven, but there's a very high likelihood that I can stay in a musician's community and take intensive dance lessons for a few days and maybe even some cooking classes
or
2) Jaisalmer: exotic Silk Road trading post by the Pakistani border where there is a wealth of architectural treasures and the very high likelihood that I'll be able to take a camel into the Thar desert and camp there overnight, but no dance classes that I know of.

Help me! Vote!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would vote for Pushkar. Seems to me you could use a little bit of relaxing/not being a bid time tourist. Maybe this will do it for you? Hopefully you get a bunch more votes and it is an easy decision for you. Something about a city by a lake sounds like a nice way to enjoy a day or two.

Chris

Anonymous said...

Pushkar, and take a few minutes to relax! Remember, culture is as important as seeing the sights. Learn about your guests in a relaxed atmosphere.

Dad

Anonymous said...

I think that you should visit Pushkar. Your love of dance will definitely help you in enjoying your time and getting your mind out of the dumps...
Salleeeeeeee.........

Friejose said...

Just to be different, I'll say Jaisalmer. You take dance lessons anywhere in the world (even Indian dance), but the architectural and cultural stuff is only available there. Either way, you'll have fun, though!

Anonymous said...

Jaisalmer. Camel rides in the desert are cool.

Anonymous said...

Jaisalmer! There are no desert camel rides in Massachusetts. Better do it while you can!

Erika

Anonymous said...

i vote for the dance classes

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey,
Just wanted to tell you that i have been reading all of your blogs, and you make me feel like i am seeing everything firsthand. I love your colorful descriptive writing. Keep it up, you are on the journey of a lifetime.Enjoy.
Maureen

Anonymous said...

Pushkar - indian dance lessons in India are a must - you can ride a camel in other countries some other time. Looks a beautiful place on the internet with plenty of temples and ghats near the lake. Take sometime out to relax and enjoy your passion for dance.

Anonymous said...

Pushkar with its culture, music and dance - and maybe a camel ride too!

Anonymous said...

Why do you want to ride on a nasty, smelly, bad-tempered camel? Go for the dance and music in Pushkar.

Anonymous said...

Option 1!!! It's your birthday (Happy Birthday!!!) and I think you'll really enjoy the dance and cooking lessons.

-tiffany

The Mobile Ms. T said...

Wow, Pushkar seems to be pulling ahead...

Anonymous said...

What about those two extra weeks you'd built into your itinerary? couldn't you take a couple of days out and see both places!!!

Anonymous said...

After seeing the Taj Mahal all other palaces will pale in comparison - go for the dance and music.

The Mobile Ms. T said...

alas, my two extra weeks don't come until after Cambodia. I'm meeting up with friejose there!

Anonymous said...

Pushkar, fo sho! Dance your cares away! miss you girl! hope you are safe and well! jon and i are getting married next october so you'd better be stateside by then! LOVE YOU!!!!


sarita

The Mobile Ms. T said...

Yay! Sarah and Jon have set a date!! Congrats, SJ!