Sigh...I'm giving up on making plans...nothing in India is as it seems...
So I booked myself a nice AC berth to get from Varanasi to Agra, which I would have really enjoyed...if the AC actually worked, I didn't sweat all night and have to sit in unfiltered, non-circulating air with "snorting guy" who had a cold and rather than blow his nose preferred to snort it all (loudly) back into his head every 10 seconds or so, and "snoring guy" who has deposed my father as the world's loudest snorer. His bone-rattling snores were interrupted only by bursts of flatulence so loud that it awakened even him. A welcome few seconds of respite from the snoring, but with no circulation, it just added to the people stank of the cabin.
I finally arrived in Agra to find that my Taj Mahal view room reservation was actually "well, you can see the Taj from our rooftop restaurant, but your room is dirty, has only a tiny window, and is on the opposite side of the building. I'm currently deciding whether to look around for something better or just say "screw it, it's not worth it." This neighborhood doesn't look too promising for anything nice...I know my expectations were a little inflated, but I was hoping for at least a nicer bathroom. What a bumout.
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment