So I punked out on the 5AM boat ride this morning - I was really tired (the bed at this hostel is little better than sleeping on the ground). But I'll do it tomorrow for sure. But I did take 2 hours of yoga this morning, and I'm feeling very stretched out and in touch with the universe...or at least really relaxed.
While I'm sitting here waiting for my photos to slowly (very slowly) upload to flickr and clear up some more memory card space for tonight, I've had a chance to look over some of my photos and get a sense of exactly how much ground I've covered. It's pretty amazing to look back on all the places I've been and the things I've seen. A few short months ago I was little miss teacher lady with an empty passport and an itch to see the world. Now my passport is bulging with new pages, and I've seen two continents and endless cultures and civilizations. It's pretty amazing, and despite a lot of things that have left a bad taste in my mouth, I have been so fortunate to have experienced all this stuff firsthand. Amazing. And when I return I'll have a wealth of experience to process. I'm sure I'll be a different woman when I return, but I'm not sure how much I'll be changed by all this until I get back. Either way, I can't believe that all the things in my photos happened to me! It's all a blur, and it kind of feels like everything but what's happening right now has happened to somebody else and I just heard about it...
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Is there a Flickr link we can view your photos at?
Post a Comment