
Alas, I was not discovered yesterday. News flash: being an extra is really, really boring. Especially when you're filming the end credits of a movie. We stood around and clapped and looked excited for 12 hours - with the same song looped in the backround. No crazy Bollywood dancing. Although speaking of dancing, it appears I have missed my calling. Had I but known at 18 that a dancer of my caliber (read: not that great) could be a professional film dancer in India, I woulda hopped on a plane and done it. There were a bunch of frustrated Russian ballerinas who were their dance corps (six of them), and the choreography was really easy. Alas for missed chances. But on the up side, the choreographers looked strangely familiar - I have to check and see if they've done anything on So You Think You Can Dance.
So today I have a bunch to do. I need to find another place to stay because I can't handle all the roaches and other assorted bugs at Salvation Army, which is a shame because it seems that everywhere else is insanely expensive. Sigh. And by insanely expensive I mean over 500 rupees (10 bucks). I thought India was cheap! That's as bad as Israel. I also have to figure out my itinerary so I can get my train tickets for the rest of the month. Lots of logistics. After I handle all that, I may go down to the Dhobi Ghats to see the laundry capital of Mumbai (a bunch of ladies whacking your clothes against rocks).
No comments:
Post a Comment