
Oh my god, I can't believe I leave Boston in three days. THREE DAYS!!! I'm torn between excitement and abject terror. A week from right now I will be walking out of the Accra airport with nothing but a bag, a passport, and far less than half a clue. I'm picturing myself with a blank look on my face staring out at the swirl of taxis and not even knowing what to do next. I don't even have any real sense of where I'm going once I get off the plane! I've got a reservation for two days at a guesthouse that looks nice, but after that I have exactly zero planned.
Of course it doesn't help that my to do list of stuff to do before I leave seems to be getting longer rather than shorter. Murphy's Law is at work and everything that can get messed up has gotten messed up. Freak-o bills I have to call and contest, lost prescriptions, a deer bouncing off the hood of my car in NY this past weekend, my laptop with all my research frying a circuit...it's as if the third world is getting a head start on me.
No comments:
Post a Comment