Friday, August 29, 2008

I Love NY


So only slightly calmer than the last post today (the eve of my international departure), but at least I had a great time in NYC with Aaron. I hadn't seen him in 6 years, so it was great to catch up. Plus, I saw the last Yankees/Sox game at Yankee Stadium, which was really cool. The Yankees won, which makes my Boston heart cringe, but at the same time it was nice that they could end this phase of the rivalry on a high note. Giambi walkoff homer in the last inning - behold "the power of the 'stache!" (I know, you may commence the stoning now) But I got what my traitorous heart deserved though. As you can see in the photo, I have a raging sunburn. 3 bottles of sunscreen in my giant backpack and not a single drop on me at the ballpark. I guess with Boston's summer of no sunshine this year, I'd forgotten I could still get one here...
Plus I just love NYC. Mmmmm...dinner in Little Italy then stretching out for a nap in Central Park on a cool afternoon. Life is good.

No comments: