Monday, December 8, 2008

Sad news today

I just got word that my great uncle Dirck, a great traveller himself, just passed away this weekend. Even though he has lived in the UK ever since I can remember, he and my great aunt Margaret have always been wonderfully kind to me, and have been avid followers of this blog, and it's a very sad surprise to hear that he's left us. It'll be really tough to be half a world away for the funeral. I'm thinking of you, Aunt Margaret, with all my heart.
Any other news seems kind of inconsequential aside from that, but all is still well in Lao and I'll check in again from Vientienne in the next couple days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very many thanks for your kind thoughts, Katie. I may still be in the USA when you return home so hope to meet up with you then and hear more about your travels and see more of the amazing pics. Continue having a great time - the world is a wonderful place. Much love...Margaret

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your great uncle. Glad to hear that he was a kindred traveler, though, and that you are still enjoying your experiences.
Nikki