Saturday, December 13, 2008

Mellow day with surprise ending

I got up extra early this morning and managed to catch the first bus out of town for Luang Prabang - with no people on it! It was so comfortable and awesome. I reclined both seats in my row back and had a most luxurious nap. The scenery was really beautiful, made even better by not having to stop next to an overheating bus every 20 minutes. I'll write more on that later because of the surprise ending of the day.
I'm wandering around L.P. once I arrive with this Korean girl Hui that I met on the tuk-tuk from the bus station, looking for a cheap place to stay (found one: it's a pit but the price is right - 50,000 kip! Less than $5!), when who should walk up and say hi but Chris! He's in L.P. for one night before taking the boat upriver for some hiking. So we're going to go grab dinner at 7:30 and I only have a few minutes, but overall it's been a cool, relaxing day!

No comments: