Before I leave Ghana, I have found that there are things that I appreciate about the place, even though I initially had a tough time with the place, so I thought I'd share a few of them:
1) I love the kids here, they're adorable and sweet (and so eager to go to school!)
2) There are cute little baby chicks running around everywhere
3) The local English has a great music to it, although I'm entirely tone deaf when it comes to comprehension
4) I like how the mosquitoes don't give me huge angry reactions like the ones back home
5) I really like getting marriage proposals from total strangers. Who knew I was so darned desirable??
6) I love the beauty of the land here - if the environment gets taken care of, this place has a shot at becoming official Heaven On Earth
7) Everyone here loves Obama as much as me! Maybe more! I love that!
8) I love the traditional dresses the women wear around here. They're so brightly colored and feminine. And they wear them with such flair - the dress would wear me if I wore one, but they own those things like nobody's business
9) I love the crazy signs with odd turns of phrase on them...and "clone brand" stores like Redd Lobster and Khinko's copy center
I'd do 10 but I'm out of internet time!
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment