Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Still nothing to report

Just a quick check in to let you know that despite being laid out by a cold, I'm still well.

I will say, however, that this hostel is a freak show of the first order. There's a guy here who claims to be afflicted by the Jerusalem Syndrome (the thing where people who come here suddenly believe that they are the messiah). Then, this morning a rather large man in a rather small pair of underwear wandered downstairs, almost went out to the square, then thought better of it and parked himself in the lounge to watch TV. But that's not wierd. What's wierd is that while Underpants Man was making his wanderings, I overheard a couple of women talking about the baby that had been born on the roof last night. So bizarre...

Oh well, back to blowing my nose and trying to get in touch with Turkish Air's Tel Aviv bureau to get my reservation changed so I can stay in this circus a little longer...

No comments: