Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Safari Time!

Woohoo! Just booked myself a safari. On such short notice I couldn't find anyone to come with me, but that's cool. It just means I get to dictate exactly what we go see. I'm going to Ngorongoro Crater (where the Leakeys discovered Lucy, the oldest known human ancestor), which has some of the highest diversity of wildlife in Tanzania, and then to Lake Manyara to see some hippos and birds and stuff. Just one night and two days, but it should be cool.
Alas, no Serengeti, but there just isn't time for all this stuff! It just means I'll have to come back, yeah? Bummer.
I'm emptying out my camera so I can take lots of pictures!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl! Your Kili climb sounded pretty interesting- you made some amazing decisions while filled with altitude sickness and exhaustion. I can't wait to see all the pictures! Mel was just out for a week (so I could fly to Utah and do some hiking with friends) and we often wondered how you were getting on. Keep the posts coming and enjoy! Nikki

Unknown said...

Hi Kate, I can't believe I am just now reading your blog. House building has taken up all of my spare time and I am out of touch with everyone. But your adventures are amazing. This is a trip of a lifetime and I envy every experience you have - good and bad - you are getting to experience other cultures on a personal level. You are so strong and determined. You should be very proud of yourself and it shows in your blog. Keep on truckin.... Terry

Anonymous said...

Yay Lucy! I mentioned her in a paper I did for my Anthropology class a couple of years ago. Last I heard they're still studying her remains all these years later so there's no museum where they can be viewed.

Dee